Welcome to this week’s edition of Sunday Stealing, the meme where the questions are stolen (but credit is given to the one we stole it from) and the answers don’t matter as much as the friends we make. Join in the fun by clicking the link or the button below.
ASK QUESTIONS MEME which is apparently not stolen or one from the archives since there’s no link to the source.
Here’s to us thieves, happy answering!
1. What type of criminal would you be? Probably not a very good one, but I think if I were going to give it a try, I’d want to be one like Robin Hood who takes only to fight tyranny and help its victims.
2. What are you listening to right now? A rerun of The Big Bang Theory.
3. If you had to choose a stripper name, what would it be? Jiggles MacPhee
4. If your phone started ringing, who would you hope is calling? I haven’t talked to my son for a while so it would be nice if it was him.
5. Do you drink alcohol? Yes, I enjoy wine and the occasional mixed drink, generally made with rum.
6. Do you smoke? No. I can’t stand to be around smoke. Weird, since growing up ALL the men in my family smoked constantly.
7. What is the first thing you notice in someone? Are we talking about what we find attractive in someone? If so, I usually notice smiles first and as we talk, I like someone who is easy to talk to and makes me laugh.
8. Do you get attached easily? No. I’ve been burned pretty badly and I tend to hold back, put up walls….whatever.
9. Do you like your eye color? I really don’t even think about it any more.
10. Have any stupid human tricks? There was an episode of Happy Days where the Guiness Book of Records people came to town and everyone was trying to get in the book. There was one guy who lifted his arm to shoulder level, bent the forearm back and stacked quarters on his elbow. Then he dropped his arm quickly and caught all the quarters in the hand of the arm they were stacked on. For some reason this really captivated my best friend and I and we practiced it a lot. I got to the point where I could catch about 20 quarters. Is that stupid enough?
11. Humor me. What physical ideal do you imagine in a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? Physical ideal….6 ft. tall, brown or black hair, blue eyes, nice build (not muscle-bound), and a killer smile.
12. Any other essential quirks/interests/other you look for in a boyfriend/girlfriend/partner? They would have to be a Christian, share the same basic philosophies, and be able to make me laugh.
13. Have you ever stolen anything? Probably as a kid, but nothing as an adult.
14. Any romantic gestures you really like? My hubby is a bit of a workaholic so after 32 years I’m pretty happy when he simply takes the time to focus on our marriage and me and treats me like a princess for a while.
15. What’s your favorite color and why? A nice pumpkin orange, because I love all things autumn-y.
16. What were you like when you were a kid? I was a nerdy tomboy.
17. What would your dream house be like? It would be either a large old farmhouse or a log house. It would be simple, slightly rustic and in the country, but not way out in the boonies.
18. What last made you laugh? We went out to dinner with friends last night. We laughed all evening. I don’t remember laughing today….not that it’s been a bad day or anything.
19. Do you have a place you like to go to collect your thoughts? Not really, but I have a feeling that is going to change this summer as we just finished fixing up our deck and I’m turning it into a real comfy haven filled with all my favorite things.
20. What is your favorite word? I’ve had a life-long love affair with words. I couldn’t possible choose one.
21. What is your least favorite word? I don’t like hearing the f-bomb over and over or the cuss words that are crude names for parts of the anatomy.
22. Would you go bungee jumping/sky diving if given the chance? No.
23. Do you have any siblings? No.
24. Do you like to dance? I do. Not Dancing with the Stars kind of dancing…more like American Bandstand kind of dancing, but I can often be found boogying around the house.
25. What is your definition of cheating? Presenting yourself as something you’re not, whether that is as a single person when you’re married, a capable worker, a good student….doesn’t matter. If you try to get away with something by means of trickery and deception, that’s cheating.